neljapäev, 2. jaanuar 2014

Expectations for 2014

Today’s post is slightly different from previous ones – instead of writing about one particular job advertisement  I will write of my own expectation to job advertisements which I hope to see in 2014.

I expect to see more exciting recruitment solutions, such as cartoons, usage of formulas, crossword puzzles, etc. They all help company to differentiate from others. As an example here is a recent job post from Krediidiinfo.


I believe to see more photos and drawings in job posts. There is a saying that one picture is worth more than 1,000 words; which means that illustrations in job ad can help an employer to support the message that they want to deliver to job seekers. In addition, pictures also help to make the job advertising visually more attractive. As an example here is a recent job ad from HR Factory – it is competency based advertisement where bubbles mark the competencies expected from candidates, the bigger the bubble, the more important the competency.


I hope that we will also see more readiness to mobile recruiting. It is well known fact that the number of smart phone users in Estonia is growing, so why not to consider it when preparing a job advertisement? One way of doing it is to use QR code in job post, like Sirje Konsultatsioonibüroo (local consultation agency) has done in following job ad.
Actually, creation of QR code is unbelievably easy, try to scan the following code, and you can see that even I managed to prepare it. What will you say if I tell you that creating it took me less than one minute?

 

I also hope that we will see more video recruitments as we’ve done so far. Just recently OÜ FIlmimees (local TV Production Company) came out with their service, where they help companies to create one minute recruitment movie. In addition to this, I secretly hope to see use of video scribing in job advertisement. Some innovative companies have already used recruitment movies in their job ads, and here is one of them:

I do think that we also see more outdoor recruitment ads, such as advertisements in bus stations, store windows, billboards, company cars, etc.
I’d like to point out here two recruitment ad examples: Maxima billboard advertising and Grossi window recruitment ad (both are retail store chains).

And finally, as for my new year’s wish, I’d like to wish that we see more exciting and playful approach to recruitment ads, such as gamifications, Facebook contests (so called share and win games), etc.
Here is a Facebook job advertisement in from Sky-Art, where they promised 50€ for this person who helps them to find a right candidate for the job. Their Facebook ad got 2018 shares, I challenge you to try to make it yourself!

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar